Tuesday, May 19, 2015

, ,

A close-up photo of the Taipei 101 spire

5/19/2015 Taiwan Explorer

I recently took this photo of the Taipei 101's spire with a Nikkor 70-300mm VR on my D5300 right from the ground below. The top of the spire reaches 509m above sea level, and the whole spire is 60m long. It's hollow, and the top can be accessed by a ladder. Quite amazing. And there are even small windows up there. I wanted to capture as much detail as possible, but because the weather was bad, and the light scarce, it did not turn out the way I hoped (I brightened it up a little in post). Nevertheless, this is the closest shot of the whole spire I've ever made. I hope next time I can take a much better shot. Click here to see a higher resolution image.

For the number nerds: This was shot at ƒ/5.3, 360mm, 1/1250 of a sec, and ISO 125.