Sunday, August 11, 2013

, ,

Cosplay in Taipei, August 2013

8/11/2013 Taiwan Explorer
Today was a cosplay event at the National Taiwan University in Taipei. My wife has been looking forward to that for a long while, and we planned to go there together, but I just couldn't drag myself out because of the heat, so she went alone. She usually goes every year, so nothing could prevent her from going. Check her photos from today, and compare them to those she took 3 years ago.


Has the cosplay scene changed a lot in the past 3 years? Based on the photos I'd say no, but I'm not an expert, so I might be completely wrong. What I do see is that a lot of effort was put into looking very similar to the animated original. The costumes and makeup look very professional, and people don't look like they're suffering under the heat. Don't forget to check the video by Apple Daily, which reported on the event.














Video of the event with interviews of a few participants.