Monday, October 29, 2012

, , ,

Zoca, best Italian pizza in Taipei

10/29/2012 Taiwan Explorer
Read the same review in Chinese>>

Zoca Pizza 佐佧比薩 is for me the best Italian pizzeria in Taipei. I've been to quite few places and none has offered the distinct taste of the real Italian pizza like Zoca. I have to add, that the chef is Italian, which might be one of the reasons for the pizzas amazing taste, but the truth is: He's just an excellent pizzaiolo. Most pizza restaurants in Taipei are offering American style pizzas, which are ok to eat, but they are not really pizzas. Perhaps a very downgraded version of a pizza, which will never be as good as the original from Italy. As a European, I can enjoy pretty good pizzas in my country, because we are neighbors with Italy and the flavors are quite similar. A good pizza was something I missed, when I moved to Taiwan, but ever since I discovered Zoca, I can say that I found what I've been looking for.

A restaurant full of delights

Be it the variety of pizzas or pastry, I recommend you to try everything. I would rarely issue such statement, but in case of Zoca I would be lying, if I didn't say so. If you're celebrating Valentine's Day, a birthday or a wedding anniversary, they will make a heart-shaped pizza for you.

Let me share some of my photos with you from a recent visit:

The interior is simple, but cozy.

Try the starter, it's super yummy.

Delicious Pizza Pepperoni.

The Quattro Stagioni is one of my favorites.

Zoca has one of the best desserts in town.

This one is my favorite.


The verdict

If you're a lover of real Italian pizza, this is the place to be in Taipei. I don't have much to say, the pictures speak for themselves. But what's more important, you have to try it for yourself - you will not regret it.


English name: Zoca
Chinese name: 佐佧比薩
Romanization: Zuǒkǎ bǐsà
Address: 台灣台北市大安區臨江街149號
Phone number: (02) 2707 2212
Opening hours: Mon-Closed; Tue-Fri 11.00-14:30, 17.30-21.30; Sat-Sun 11.00-21.30
Website: www.facebook.com/zocapizzafan
Money per person: Around 400-500 NT$
Need to book: No.
Find location: Google maps

▷ BLOG NAVIGATION: Taiwan>> Taipei Travel Page>> Food in Taipei>> Daan District>> Zoca Pizza