Sunday, July 15, 2012

, ,

Luzhou 蘆洲區, Taipei

7/15/2012 Taiwan Explorer
1. Introduction

• Known for: Li Family Residence
• Population: 199,000 (2012, source)
• Wade-Giles: Lü-chou
• Pinyin: Lúzhōu
• Romaji: Rochū
• Map: My map of Luzhou

Luzhou 蘆洲區 is one of Taipei's suburban residential districts, located in the northwestern part of the city. The district is very small, but densely populated, comparable to Zhonghe and Yonghe districts. There is not too much to do and see in Luzhou for your average tourist, but the old Li Family Residence and the Yonglien Temple are definitely worth a visit. I like Luzhou a lot, it has its charm and feels like a city on an island (check the map). Here are the must see buildings and parts of Luzhou (my personal recommendations): Li Family Residence and Yonglien Temple.

2. Points of interest

Below are selected points of interest of Beitou District. The ones I have already blogged about are linked in • bold, check them out. The ones without link are on my list to visit. Tip: To open links in new tab, hold down Ctrl or ⌘ while clicking on the link.

▷ SIGHTS

• Li Family Residence 蘆洲李宅

▷ TEMPLES

• Yonglien Temple 蘆洲湧蓮寺
• Baohe Temple 蘆洲保和宮

▷ NIGHT MARKETS

• Luzhou Night Market 蘆洲夜市

[My TAIPEI TRAVEL page][No. of my posts: 2][All photos by MKL, 2012]