Tuesday, February 08, 2011

, ,

Shulin 樹林區, Taipei

2/08/2011 Taiwan Explorer
1. Introduction

• Known for: residential area
• Population: 182,000 (2013, source)
• Wade-Giles: Shu-lin
• Pinyin: Shùlín
• Romaji: Jurin
• Map: My map of Shulin

Shulin 樹林區 is one of Taipei's southeastern urban districts. Aside from being a big residential area, there is really nothing famous or particularly interesting to see for your average foreign visitor. The district's highlight might be its vibrant yet very local night market (beware of the scooters!) and a railway station.

2. Points of interest

Below are selected points of interest of Shulin District. The ones I have already blogged about are linked in • bold, check them out. The ones without link are on my list to visit. Tip: To open links in new tab, hold down Ctrl or ⌘ while clicking on the link.

▷ NIGHT MARKETS

• Shulin Night Market 樹林夜市

[My TAIPEI TRAVEL page][No. of my posts: 4][All photos by MKL, 2012]