Wednesday, August 11, 2010

,

Tainan at night

8/11/2010 Taiwan Explorer

A while ago my girlfriend and I went on a trip to Southern Taiwan, where we planned to see Kaohsiung, Kenting and Tainan, but because I wanted to see a skyscraper in Kaohsiung and we got lost, we wasted a lot of time and arrived in Tainan pretty late, it was almost 7pm. But I'm not really sad, because I realized that I'd need a weekend to see one of Taiwan's most famous historic cities. I'm sure I will return, until then, enjoy some photos I took in the evening.

Tainan's main railway station.

Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel is Tainan's tallest skyscraper.

The railway station from the outside.

The area around the main railway station.

A typical street in Tainan.

Another one.

Viewshow cinemas.

One of the most famous historic buildings: Chihkan tower (Fort Provincia).

A temple.

I took much more photos, but there wasn't much to see in Tainan that day, because my girlfriend and I only had limited time and had to rush back to the train for Taipei. We merely spent 2h in Tainan. But we will be back. And then I'll blog about every spot.

[All photos by MKL, 2010]