Tuesday, March 09, 2010

, , ,

Traditional Taiwanese Tea House: 無為草堂

3/09/2010 Taiwan Explorer

My first visit of a friend in Taichung couldn't have started better. She invited me to a traditional Taiwanese tea house named 無為草堂 (Wu Wei Cao Tang), which was an unique sensory experience for me, something I haven't experienced before on my previous trips. And since I am always interested in Taiwanese traditions, architecture, culinary delights and tea, I couldn't be happier.

The internal courtyard has a pond.

A little room with a table.

Looks like an ancient Taiwanese village.

Traditional tea set.

This is the food we had. Very tasty.

All together, the food (both dishes) and the tea for two people, cost around 650TWD, which is around 15€ (or 20USD or 68RM). Not expensive for Western standards. I must mention that my friend treated me the whole time and would not allow me to pay for anything. I feel very thankful.

Address of the restaurant:

無為草堂人文茶館
台中市公益路二段106號

106, Kung (or Gong) Yi Road,
section 2, Taichung

Their website:
http://www.wuwei.com.tw/

• Explore all my Taichung posts at once.